Monday, April 10, 2006

Well here is how my weekend went. Friday I went home right after class and intended on grabbing all my scuba stuff and doing a dive with my friend Jim. (Amy had to work) Jim is a new diver with only about 30 dives under his belt, but was introduced to a NAUI technical diving course. The course will cover every thing from adv. nitrox (21-100%oxygen mixtures) to diving 200ft with trimix. I have been helping him for the past 6-8month on his diving knowledge, theory , and skills. Friday was his first dive with double back tanks, drysuit and a decompression bottle (another bottle on the front of the diver used to rid the body of excess Nitrogen) After I talked to him about the dive plan and proper techniques for diving a drysuit, we dove. We dove to 81ft for 35minutes in water that was 38degrees. Both of us where toasty worm with our drysuits. Long story short, the dive went well, and Jim did great considering everything that was new to him.

Considering the preperation time and the total dive time, I did not get home until 7:30!!! This is important considering I told Amy I would be home by 6:30, since we had a dinner date at 7. MAN, did I blow it!!! Anyways, I felt terrible and Amy forgave my sorry ass. We ended up going to Texas roadhouse at 8 and being seated right away. Mmmmmmmmmm that food was GOOD! Good idea Amy!!

Saturday was a day of sitting around, watching TV, hung out with Joe for a couple hours and thats about it.

Sunday I went diving again with Jim, this time after his church service (he's a pastor). We ended up doing one dive to 81ft for 30min and another to 30ft for 15mins. Everything was pretty uneventful, but I am still tring to figure out my weighting needs with my drysuit, deco bottle, and light. I think I have it figured out though.
After the dives I went home to meet Amy and head over to her Grandmas house for her birthday. That was a fun time. I ate some pizza and played dominos for the first time. Fun game!!

Well that all for now....Lets see, Next weekend my family is moving into our new house, hopefully dive some more and relax.

Song of the day- Just got Wicked By: Cold

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home