Friday, March 17, 2006

Good Morning Wisconsin....and others :)

Well, Its friday morning. Not just any friday morning, but the friday before spring break. YAY Unfortunatly I will not be doing anything exciting. For the week I will be working for my Dad and making some sweet cash. Then the following weekend, Joe and I will attempt to go ice climbing one last time in Munising. Hopefully where will be some ice.

Here is were I am looking for some peoples opinions..... I am looking at taking a TDI Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Theory class. (technical scuba class) To be honest with you, there will not be anything new that I will learn in the class. Much of what is being taught will be stuff I have used or new for some years now. I would be taking the course purely on the bases of getting the almighty "certification card". The cards really mean nothing except you dished out the money to take a course. Unfortunatly they say nothing about your skills as a diver. The instructor for this course seems like a push over and will be OK with just about anything. (which can be dangerouse in technical dving) We will end up doing one dive deep on AIR. By now I am sure, you all now what I think about that. I have talked to him a couple times about not going as deep on air or nitrox. He really never gave me a straight answer. On the plus side the course is cheap (unusual for a tec course) and also, he video tapes the dives. I like this so we can anaylize our skills. What do you all think I should do...... take the course? or wait and pay more for a better course. Usually I am gungho about waiting for better coursed, but the coursed I would like to take are either in washington or florida and cost about 4x the amount.

Song of the moment: Give it all by: Rise Against

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Honstely man I would spend the money on the better course. Form what i understand from you this dude doesn't sound like he knows what he's talking about. Plus from what you tell me about diving on air it sounds like it could be dangerous. So i would wait. And happy St. Patrick's Day!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home